Morning yoga poses for beginners at home
Morning is a best time for yoga. Doing yoga in the morning makes us agile and it also makes the whole body workout. Be sure to include pranayama or meditation in your routine and end your yoga session with Shavasana.
There are many more benefits to doing yoga early in the morning. It boosts our metabolism and activates our digestive system to deliver nutrients smoothly throughout our body. If you are looking for a way to lose weight, then morning is the best time to exercise as carbs and fats are metabolized faster by exercising at morning.
Here are some Morning yoga poses for beginners at home
Practice the following asanas and repeat each asana As per Your liking.
You can do this morning yoga 15 minutes
Cat Pose asana (Marjariasana)
- Came down on knees. Rest the palms on the ground and keep them parallel to the knees.
- Your spine should be straight at this time.
- Inhale, look up and curve your spine.
- Repeat the same several times.
Cow pose asana (Bitilasana)
- Start while standing in the upward Marjariasana posture.
- Now exhale, bend your spine to make an arc of the back and keep the neck down.
- Focus your eyes on the chest.
- Try to Pause for a few seconds in this position.
Virabhadrasana (Warrior Pose)
- Stand with your feet 3 feet apart.
- Extend your left leg Backward.
- Now lift your arms and try to keep them parallel to the ground.
- Turn your body to the left and And try to extend backward.
- Stay in this asana for ten seconds.
- Then come to a relaxed position.
- Stand up straight on the ground and place your hands on either side of your body.
- Bend your right knee and place your right foot on your left thigh or vice versa. Make sure the sole of your foot is placed straight on your inner thigh of opposite leg.
- During this time your left leg (leg touching to the ground) should be straight so that you can maintain the balance of the body.
- Keep taking deep breaths while you are in this posture. Now raise your hands above your head, and bring your palms together in a ‘namaste’ posture.
- When you are in asana, focus on any object at a short distance in front of you.
- During this your whole body should be a stretch and you should keep the spine straight.
- Now stay in this position for 30 seconds. Exhale and return to your normal position.
- Now repeat these steps of the asana with the other leg.
- Lie on your back.
- Bend your knees and keep your feet flat on the floor.
- Raise your arms, bend your elbows and move your palms towards the back of the head.
- Now place your palms on the floor on either side of your head.
- Inhale, lifting the whole body in the shape of an arc, creating pressure on your palms and feet.
- Only your feet and hands should be on the ground during this time.
- Then Relax your neck and let the head fall back slowly.
Hakini mudra is also called the mudra of the mind. This mudra is named after the goddess Hakini. Hakini in Sanskrit means “power” or “rule”, and it is believed that the one who does this mudra gets power over the mind. This posture should be done during sunrise.
- This is done in Sukhasana or Padmasana, in which the spine remains straight.
- To practice this posture, first bring the palms of each other.
- Bring the fingers and thumbs of both hands together, so that they maintain light contact.
- Now raise the hands to the level of the third eye chakra in the center of the forehead.
- Inhale through the nostrils, and place the tongue on the roof of the mouth with each breath, and relax with each breath.
- Increase the benefits of this posture by focusing your eye towards the third eye i.e center of your forehead.
- Hakini mudra can be practiced for 30 minutes daily, divide it into either at once or in three sets of 10-10 minutes.
Benefits of Morning Yoga
Practicing yoga every morning prepares our mind and body for the day. If you feel stiffness and pain in the body after waking up in the morning, then practicing yoga in the morning helps a lot. There are also great benefits to practicing on an empty stomach.
We hope we have given you satisfaction on morning yoga 15 minutes Best Morning yoga poses for beginners at home